Current Events - 2019 Q2
Eight events have been organised for you this quarter (2019 Q2) as shown below.
Details of this event can be displayed by clicking on the event description in the "Description" column below,
or alternatively, click 'pdf' for a pdf version.
You now register and pay for events on the IoP website. Here’s how:
1. Click *here* : this will take you to the REMS homepage with a menu of choices. Click on the last menu entry under REMS: ‘Calendar’. You then see the calendar page with the whole Q3 programme listed. If you wish, this can be printed out using the PRINT link at the top;
2. On the calendar page click on the bold title of any event of interest. This will take you to an event page with some details of the event and a link to the REMS flyer with more complete information. On any event page there is also a link back to the calendar page and a link forward to a registration page;
3. On the registration page you can register yourself and any guests for an event. You can also pay for the event by credit or debit card. You will automatically receive a confirming e-mail of registration and payment. As in the past, you will need your IoP membership number. And you’ll be invited to define a password if you don’t already have one.
Questions and Answers
• What if I need to book free places, e.g. for visiting speakers or for me, the event organiser?
This capability will come in time. But for now please pay by card and put in a claim to REMS for a reimbursement. We hope you won’t mind doing this. If you don’t know how to make a claim ask Tony Colclough at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• How many places can I book on an event?
Normally six including yourself, but ten for an At Home.
• I prefer to use bank transfers (Bacs) to pay rather than a credit or debit card. Is this possible?
• I have organised an event and now wish to update my flyer: is this possible?
Yes. Just e-mail your revised flyer to Tony.
• Will there be e-mailed reminders that I have booked for a forthcoming event?
Yes, we hope to have this up and running before long.
• How can I be sure that I get a fair share of places?
Book early. It’s first come, first served. This will greatly simplify administration and should not lead to many disappointments. Very popular events could be repeated.
• Can I change my booking?
If it’s not too late, you can book extra places or cancel a booking via the IoP registration page for an event.
• Will the existing REMS website with all the historical and pipeline events still be available?
Yes. It is just the old system of booking and paying for events with booking forms, allocations and cheques that will go.
• Where can I go if I have problems?
Ask Tony Colclough, our Events Co-ordinator, at email@example.com
As ever, REMS relies on the support of its members. Please take the trouble to master the new system, to book and to pay. And, of course, we need members to organise events for us. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas. Support is available for organisers.