Events in the pipeline
Here is a list of future visits, some of which are 'definites' (a), and some of which are mooted (b).
Please note that some of the latter may not come to fruition.
Some draft flyers are available - indicated by an underlined description.
I hope that this gives a flavour of what is to come, and may encourage members that have never organised a visit,
or have not done so for some time, to have a go.
(a) Planned Events for 2017 Quarter 3: August to October (provisional - subject to change): booking for these events opens July 2017
(a) Planned Events for 2017 Quarter 4: November to January (provisional - subject to change): booking for these events opens October 2017
(b) Potential visits
- Visit to Kew Musical Museum
- UCL Observatory, Mill Hill in July, August or September
- River Thames walks
- Henry Moore Foundation
- Apsley House
- Southside House and Wimbledon Windmill
- Further Capital Ring walks
- Visit to Lewes Castle and Shepherd Neame Brewery
- The Whipple Museum of History of Science, Cambridge
- The Scott Polar Institute, Cambridge
- Mullard Radio Astronomy, Cambridge
- Hatchlands Park & Mansion (musical instrument collection)
- Fenton House and Kenwood House
- Harrow: Manor House, c 1310, and Harrow School tour
- Science Museum Storage facility at Wroughton, near Swindon
- BRE Watford (formerly the Building Research Establishment)